Stanley Cavell and the education of grownups [electronic resource] / edited by Naoko Saito and Paul Standish.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Fordham University Press, 2012.
- American philosophy series.
1 online resource (274 pages)
Education -- Philosophy.
Cavell, Stanley, 1926-.
- Electronic books.
- What could it mean to speak of philosophy as 'the education of grownups'? This book takes Cavell's enigmatic phrase as a provocation to explore the themes of education that run throughout his work - from his response to Wittgenstein, Austin and ordinary-language philosophy, to his readings of Thoreau.
- pt. 1. Entries in the education
pt. 2. Skepticism and language
pt. 3. Moral perfectionism.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Saito, Naoko.
Standish, Paul, 1949-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|