The discipline of architecture [electronic resource] / Andrzej Piotrowski and Julia Williams Robinson, editors.
- Other records:
- Minneapolis : University of Minnesota Press, c2001.
1 online resource (382 p.)
- Architectural design -- Philosophy.
Architecture -- Study and teaching.
- Electronic books.
- The essays collected in this groundbreaking volume address the current state of architecture as an academic and professional discipline. Often critical of the current paradigm, these essays offer a provocative challenge to accepted assumptions about the production, dissemination, and reception of architectural knowledge.
- Machine generated contents note: Acknowledgments vii
Julia Williams Robinson and Andrzej Piotrowski ix
1. Revisiting the Discipline of Architecture
Thomas Fisher 1
2. Disciplining Knowledge: Architecture between Cube and
Michael Stanton 10
3. On the Practices of Representing and Knowing
Andrzej Piotrowski 40
4. The Form and Structure of Architectural Knowledge:
From Practice to Discipline
Julia Williams Robinson 61
5. Architecture Is Its Own Discipline
David Leatherbarrow 83
6. A Dialectics of Determination: Social Truth-Claims in
Architectural Writing, 1970-1995
David J. T. Vanderburgh and W. Russell Ellis 103
7. Unpacking the Suitcase: Travel as Process and Paradigm
in Constructing Architectural Knowledge
Kay Bea Jones 127
8. Environment and Architecture
Donald Watson 158
9. Reinventing Professional Privilege as Inclusivity:
A Proposal for an Enriched Mission of Architecture
Sharon Egretta Sutton 173
10. Thinking "Indian" Architecture
A. G. Krishna Menon 208
11. Interdisciplinary Visions of Architectural Education:
The Perspectives of Faculty Women
Linda N. Groat and Sherry Ahrentzen 235
12. A Framework for Aligning Professional Education and
Practice in Architecture
Carol Burns 260
13. Reduction and Transformation of Architecture in
Garth Rockcastle 272
14. The Profession and Discipline of Architecture:
Practice and Education
Stanford Anderson 292.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 307-329) and index.
- Piotrowski, Andrzej.
Robinson, Julia W.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|