When work is not enough [electronic resource] : state and federal policies to support needy workers / Robert P. Stoker, Laura A. Wilson.
- Washington, D.C. : Brookings Institution Press, c2006.
1 online resource (223 p.)
- Working poor -- Government policy -- United States.
Working poor -- Services for -- United States.
Public welfare -- United States.
- Electronic books.
- "Examines a broad range of state and federal programs providing cash or in-kind benefits to low-wage workers, low-income families, and families making the transition from welfare to work to assess the ability of the work support system to lead to self-sufficiency"--Provided by publisher.
- Redistribution through work
Work support programs
The cost of living
From welfare to work supports
Who gets what?
Racing up to the bottom
A work in progress.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 195-204) and index.
- Wilson, Laura Ann.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|