Bear Island [electronic resource] : the war at Sugar Point / Gerald Vizenor ; foreword by Jace Weaver.
- Minneapolis : University of Minnesota Press, c2006.
- Indigenous Americas.
1 online resource (110 p.)
- Ojibwa Indians -- Poetry.
United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 3rd -- Poetry.
- Electronic books.
- Drawing on the traditional ways of Anishinaabe storytelling, acclaimed writer Gerald Vizenor illuminates the 1898 battle at Sugar Point in this epic poem. Fought between the Pillagers of the Leech Lake Reservation and U.S. soldiers, the battle marked a turning point in relations between the government and Native Americans. Bear Island brings back to light a key moment in Minnesota's history.
- CONTENTS; FOREWORD; Bear Island; INTRODUCTION: The War at Sugar Point; OVERTURE: Manidoo Creations; BAGWANA: The Pillagers of Liberty; HOLE IN THE DAY: Grafters and Warrants; BEARWALKERS: 5 October 1898; GATLING GUN: 6 October 1898; WAR NECKLACE: 9 October 1898
- Description based upon print version of record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|