The Advent Project : The Later Seventh-Century Creation of the Roman Mass Proper / James W. McKinnon.
- Other records:
- Berkeley, CA : University of California Press, 
1 online resource (483 p.)
- Mass (Music) -- 500-1400.
Propers (Music) -- 500-1400 -- History and criticism.
Gregorian chants -- History and criticism.
Church music -- Catholic Church.
- Electronic books.
- In his final accomplishment of an extraordinarily distinguished career, James W. McKinnon considers the musical practices of the early Church in this incisive examination of the history of Christian chant from the years a.d. 200 to 800. The result is an important book that is certain to have a long-lasting impact on musicology, religious studies, and history.
I. The Prehistory
II. The Seventh-Century Roman Background
III. The Advent Project
Epilogue: The Central Question of Gregorian Chant
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 445-454) and index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 24. Apr 2020)
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1525/9780520924338 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|