Making School Reform Work [electronic resource] : New Partnerships for Real Change / Paul T. Hill and James Harvey, editors.
- Washington, D.C. : Brookings Institution Press, c2004.
1 online resource (145 p.)
- Education, Urban -- United States.
Business and education -- United States.
Community and school -- United States.
School improvement programs -- United States.
- Electronic books.
- This text identifies roles for foundations and civic groups in defining strategies for big-city school reform and in ensuring that promised changes are implemented. The authors suggest the establishment of several independent institutions to support the reform of big-city schools.
- Cover; Title Page; Contents; Foreword; 1. A Fresh Assessment: Why Reform Initiatives Fail; 2. The Need for New Institutions; 3. New Capacity for Civic Oversight; 4. Getting out of the Facilities Business; 5. Incubators for New Schools; 6. Taking Advantage of Teacher Turnover; 7. Institutions to Find, Prepare, and Support School Leaders; 8. Rethinking Data Capacity; 9. A School Inspectorate; 10. Toward a ""Third Way""; Contributors; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Brookings Institution.
Harvey, James, 1944-
Hill, Paul T. (Paul Thomas), 1943-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|