Preaching in the New Millennium : Celebrating the Tercentennial of Yale University / Frederick J. Streets.
- Other records:
- New Haven, CT : Yale University Press, 
1 online resource (158 p.)
- Universities and colleges -- Sermons.
Sermons, American -- 20th century.
- Electronic books.
- In this collection of sermons, fifteen distinguished religious leaders reflect upon the moral, social, and political nature of our time. The sermons originated during the Tercentennial celebrations at Yale University, and they provide a vivid snapshot of the rich religious history of Yale and its contribution to the character of our nation.Some of America's most prominent religious figures are here, among them William Willimon, William Sloane Coffin, Peter Gomes, Gardner Taylor, and Barbara Brown Taylor. Their sermons offer valuable religious and intellectual insights into our national consciousness both before and after the tragedies of September 11, 2001. In a lively introduction to the volume, Rev. Frederick J. Streets sets the collection in context and contemplates the past and present nature of religious life at Yale.
They Left Everything and Followed Him
Blessed Are the Poor
Death in the Academy
Truth Is Told: This Is Our Story
Be As Christ in theWorld
Cliff's Notes for the Journey
The Power of a Changed Mind
Friends of the Disciples
Who Tells You Who You Are?
Walk by Faith and Wait upon the Lord
A Benediction for Us All
The Years That the Locusts Have Eaten
Lux et Veritas
Preaching in the New Millennium
More God Than We Want
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 24. Apr 2020)
- Streets, Frederick J., editor., Editor,
- Publisher Number:
- 10.12987/9780300128178 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|