The future for older workers [electronic resource] : new perspectives / edited by Wendy Loretto, Sarah Vickerstaff and Phil White.
- Bristol, UK : Policy Press, 2007.
1 online resource (256 p.)
- Older people -- Employment -- Forecasting.
- Electronic books.
- Dealing directly and exclusively with the issue of older workers, this book brings together up-to-the minute research findings by many of the leading researchers and writers in the field exploring key issues that will influence public policy in the UK and beyond.
- Cover; The future for olderworkers; Contents; List of tables and figures; Foreword; Acknowledgements; List of abbreviations; Glossary of UK-based institutionsand programmes; Notes on contributors; 1. Introduction; 2. Older workers in the labour market: the demographic context; 3. The American experience of age discrimination legislation; 4. The employment of older people:can we learn from Japan?; 5. Moving older people into jobs:Incapacity Benefit, Labour's reforms and the job shortfall in the UK regions; 6. Women's knowledge of, and attitudes to, pensions
7. Sustaining working lives: the challenge of retention8. Healthy work for older workers: work design and management factors; 9. Flexible work and older workers; 10. The employability of older workers: what works?; 11. Is extending working life possible? Research and policy issues; 12. The future for older workers:opportunities and constraints; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Loretto, Wendy.
Vickerstaff, Sarah, 1956-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|