Child welfare and social action in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries [electronic resource] : international perspectives / edited by Jon Lawrence and Pat Starkey.
- Other records:
- Liverpool : Liverpool University Press, 2001.
1 online resource (302 p.)
- Child welfare -- History -- 19th century -- Congresses.
Child welfare -- History -- 20th century -- Congresses.
Female juvenile delinquents -- History -- 20th century -- Congresses.
Immigrant children -- History -- 20th century -- Congresses.
Social action -- History -- 19th century -- Congresses.
Social action -- History -- 20th century -- Congresses.
- Electronic books.
- This collection of twelve essays represents an important contribution to the understanding of child welfare and social action in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. They challenge many assumptions about the history of childhood and child welfare policy and cover a variety of themes including the physical and sexual abuse of children, forced child migration and role of the welfare state.
- Title Page; Contents; Acknowledgements; Introduction: Child Welfare and Social Action; I: Gender and 'Delinquency'; II: Child Emigration; III: Rethinking Philanthropy; IV: 'Welfare States' and Child Welfare; Notes on Contributors; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Description based on print version record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Lawrence, Jon.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|