The Responsible Contract Manager [electronic resource] : Protecting the Public Interest in an Outsourced World / Steven Cohen and William Eimicke.
- Washington, D.C. : Georgetown University Press, c2008.
- Public management and change.
Public management and change series
1 online resource (257 p.)
- Contracting out -- United States.
Public contracts -- United States -- Management.
- Electronic books.
- Contract management is a critical skill for all contemporary public managers. As more government duties are contracted out, managers must learn to coordinate and measure the performance of private contractors, and to write contract requirements and elicit bids that obtain important services and products at the best possible price and quality. They must also learn to work in teams that include both public and private sector partners.The Responsible Contract Manager delves into the issues of how to ensure that the work done by private sector contractors serves the public interest and argues for
- Contents; List of Figures; Preface; Acknowledgments; Part I: The Basics; Part II: When Do You Contract, When Don't You Contract, and How Do You Find the Right Contractor?; Part III: How Do You Manage Contractors?; Part IV: Case Studies in Contracting; Part V: Conclusions; References; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 217-232) and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Eimicke, William B.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|