A timeless vale [electronic resource] : archaeological and related essays on the Jordan Valley in honour of Gerrit van der Kooij on the occasion of his sixty-fifth birthday / edited by Eva Kaptijn; Lucas P. Petit.
- [Leiden] : Leiden University Press, 2009.
- Archaeological studies Leiden University ; 19.
Archaeological studies Leiden University ; 19
1 online resource (193 p.)
- Iron age -- Jordan River Valley.
Bronze age -- Jordan River Valley.
Jordan River Valley -- Antiquities.
- Electronic books.
- Thirteen studies of various disciplines on the Jordan Valley, in honour of Gerrit van der Kooij on the occasion of his retirement as lecturer in Near Eastern Archaeology at Leiden University
- Contents; 1. Dutch Cultural and Archaeological Activities in Jordan during the last fifty Years; 2. Early Reports on the Zerqa Triangle. What was known when the Tell Deir 'Alla Excavations started?; 3. Holocene Palaeoecology of the Hula Area, Northeastern Israel; 4. Khirbet Kerak Ware at Jericho and the EB III Change in Palestine; 5. The Jordan Valley during the Early Bronze Age; 6. Settling the Valley: Agrarian Settlement and Interaction along the Jordan Rift during the Bronze Age; 7. Textile Production at Tell 'Abu al-Kharaz, Jordan Valley
8. The Archaeological Context of the Tell Deir 'Alla Tablets 9. Down the River...: A Shrine Model from Tel Kinrot in its Context; 10. A Wheel-made Anthropomorphic Statue from Iron Age Tell Damiyah, Jordan Valley; 11. Of Slag and Scales; Micro-Stratigraphy and Micro-Magnetic Material at Metallurgical Excavations; 12. The Early Persian Period at Tell Deir 'Alla: a Ceramic Perspective; 13. Some Aspects of Sugar Production in Jericho, Jordan Valley
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Kaptijn, Eva.
Petit, Lucas Pieter.
Kooij, G. van der.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|