Journalists in film [electronic resource] : heroes and villains / Brian McNair.
- Other records:
- Edinburgh : Edinburgh University Press, c2010.
1 online resource (278 p.)
- Journalists in motion pictures.
Motion pictures -- History.
- Electronic books.
- We both love and hate our journalists. They are perceived as sexy and glamorous on the one hand, despicable and sleazy on the other. Opinion polls regularly indicate that we experience a kind of cultural schizophrenia in our relationship to journalists and the news media: sometimes they are viewed as heroes, at other times villains. From Watergate to the fabrication scandals of the 2000's, journalists have risen and fallen in public esteem. In this book, leading journalism studies scholar Brian McNair explores how journalists have been represented through the prism of one of our key cultural for...
- pt. I. Introductions and overviews
pt. II. Heroes
pt. III. Villains.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -256) and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|