The other West [electronic resource] : Latin America from invasion to globalization / Marcello Carmagnani ; translated by Rosanna M. Giammanco Frongia.
- Other records:
- Standardized Title:
- Altro Occidente. English
- Berkeley : University of California Press, c2011.
- California world history library ; 14.
California world history library ; 14
1 online resource (329 p.)
- World history.
International relations -- History.
Latin America -- History.
Latin America -- Relations.
- Electronic books.
- The Other West provides a provocative new interpretation of Latin American history and the region's place in the changing global political economy, from the discovery of America into the twenty-first century. Marcello Carmagnani's award-winning and multidisciplinary analysis sheds new light on historical processes and explains how this vast expanse of territory--stretching from the American Southwest to the tip of the Southern Cone--became Europeanized in the colonial period, and how the European and American civilizations transformed one another as they grew together. Carmagnani departs from traditional historical thought by situating his narrative in the context of world history, brilliantly showing how the Iberian populations and cultures--both European and American--merged and evolved.
Introduction: Latin America in World History
Two. The Ibero-American World
Four. The Euro-American World
Conclusion. Historical Forms and Trends
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1525/9780520947511 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|