All stories are true [electronic resource] : history, myth, and trauma in the work of John Edgar Wideman / Tracie Church Guzzio.
- Other records:
- Jackson : University Press of Mississippi, 2011.
- Margaret Walker Alexander series in African American studies.
Margaret Walker Alexander series in African American studies
1 online resource (331 p.)
- African Americans in literature.
Wideman, John Edgar -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Electronic books.
- In All Stories Are True , Tracie Church Guzzio provides the first full-length study of John Edgar Wideman's entire oeuvre to date. Specifically, Guzzio examines the ways in which Wideman (b. 1941) engages with three crucial themes-history, myth,
"All stories are true": palimpsestic storytelling
Deconstructing history: trauma and the alienation narratives
Return home: mythic narratives and family history
Journey back (again): the post-traumatic narratives
Truth and reconciliation: the blues and the heroic romance
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|