Police in the Hallways [electronic resource] : Discipline in an Urban High School / Kathleen Nolan ; foreword by Paul Willis.
- Minneapolis : University of Minnesota Press, c2011.
1 online resource (224 p.)
- Urban high schools -- United States.
School discipline -- United States.
- Electronic books.
- Exposing the deeply harmful impact of street-style policing on urban high school students
- Introduction: studying urban school discipline: a Bronx tale
How the police took over school discipline: from policies of inclusion to punishment and exclusion
Signs of the times: place, culture, and control at urban public high school
Instituting the culture of control: disciplinary practices and order maintenance
Against the law: student noncompliance and contestation
Tensions between educational approaches and discourses of control
The underlife: oppositional behavior at urban public high school
Living proof: experiences of economic and educational exclusion
Conclusion: recommendations for effective urban schooling and sound discipline.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|