28 November 1813 to 30 September 1814 [electronic resource] / [by Thomas Jefferson] ; J. Jefferson Looney, editor ... [et al.].
- Princeton : Princeton University Press, 2010.
- Papers of Thomas Jefferson, Retirement Series
Papers of Thomas Jefferson. Retirement series ; v. 7
1 online resource (841 p.)
- Jefferson, Thomas, 1743-1826 -- Archives.
Jefferson, Thomas, 1743-1826 -- Correspondence.
Presidents -- United States -- Archives.
Presidents -- United States -- Correspondence.
United States -- Politics and government -- 1809-1817 -- Sources.
United States -- Politics and government -- 1817-1825 -- Sources.
- Electronic books.
- The 526 documents printed in this volume run from 28 November 1813 to 30 September 1814. During this period Jefferson reviews the extant sources on the 1765 Stamp Act crisis to aid William Wirt, a Patrick Henry scholar; records his largely positive impressions of George Washington; and updates a reading list for law students that he had initially drawn up forty years earlier. In the spring of 1814 Jefferson becomes a trustee of the Albemarle Academy, the earliest direct ancestor of the University of Virginia. He is soon actively involved in planning for its establishment, helping to draft r
- Cover; FOREWORD; ACKNOWEDGMENTS; EDITORIAL METHOD AND APPARATUS; CONTENTS; MAPS; ILLUSTRATIONS; JEFFERSON CHRONOLOGY; 1813; To Destutt de Tracy, 28 November; From Joseph C. Cabell, 29 November; To Pierre Samuel Du Pont de Nemours, 29 November; To Tadeusz Kosciuszko, 30 November; To Lafayette, 30 November; From Judith Lomax, 30 November; From John Clarke, 2 December; From John Adams, 3 December; From David Ramsay, 3 December; From George Hay, 6 December; To Alexander von Humboldt, 6 December; From Edward Ross, 6 December; From Joseph C. Cabell, 8 December; To Madame de Tessé, 8 December
From Thomas Leiper, 9 DecemberFrom George Logan, 9 December; Account with Reuben Perry, 10 December; From John C. Pryor, 10 December; From John Barnes, 12 December; From Samuel M. Burnside, 13 December; From Bela Fosgate, with Note from David Holt, 13 December; To Isaac Cox Barnet, 14 December; To Valentín de Foronda, 14 December; To François André Michaux, 14 December; To Alexis Marie Rochon, 14 December; To André Thoüin, 14 December; To Julian Ursin Niemcewicz, 15 December; From Horatio G. Spafford, 17 December; From Elizabeth Trist, 17 December; From Paul Allen, 18 December
From John Adams, 19 DecemberFrom John Devereux DeLacy, 19 December; From Sir Egerton Leigh, 19 December; From Patrick Gibson, 21 December; From John Melish, 21 December; From William Champe Carter, 22 December; To Jeremiah A. Goodman, 22 December; To Patrick Gibson, 24 December; From Shotwell & Kinder, 24 December; From John Adams, 25 December; To Mary Lewis, 25 December; To Charles Clay, 28 December; From Charles Willson Peale, 28 December; From Patrick Gibson, 29 December; To Philip Mazzei, 29 December; To David Bailie Warden, 29 December; From David A. Leonard, 30 December
Account with William & Reuben Mitchell, [ca. 31 December]1814; To John E. Hall, 1 January; To Thomas Leiper, 1 January; To Archibald Thweatt, 1 January; To Walter Jones, 2 January; From Thomas Leiper, 2 January; From David A. Leonard, 2 January; From Isaac McPherson, 2 January; To John Graham, 6 January; From Oliver Evans, 7 January, enclosing Oliver Evans's Petition to the United States Congress, [by 28 December 1813]; From Robert M. Patterson, 7 January; To Charles Clay, 8 January; From Patrick Gibson, 8 January; To Samuel M. Burnside, 9 January; From Charles Clay, 9 January
To Louis H. Girardin, 9 JanuaryFrom Thomas Hornsby, 9 January, enclosing Statement by Elizabeth Henderson, 25 December 1813; To John Pintard, 9 January; From Joseph R. Darnall, 10 January; To Walter Jones, 10 January; From William Johnson, 12 January; To Patrick Gibson, 13 January; To Jeremiah A. Goodman, 13 January; To Thomas Cooper, 16 January; To Oliver Evans, 16 January; To Joseph C. Cabell, 17 January; From Joseph Wheaton, 17 January; From William Short, 18 January; From Thomas Clark, 19 January; From Patrick Gibson, 19 January; To David A. Leonard, 20 January
To Robert M. Patterson, 20 January
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Looney, J. Jefferson.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|