International and language education for a global future [electronic resource] : fifty years of U.S. Title VI and Fulbright-Hays programs / David S. Wiley and Robert S. Glew, editors.
- Other records:
- East Lansing : Michigan State University Press, c2010.
1 online resource (452 p.)
- Education and globalization.
Federal aid to higher education -- United States.
Foreign study -- United States.
Languages, Modern -- Study and teaching (Higher).
International education -- United States.
- Electronic books.
- The contributions to this book address the role that the U.S. Department of Education Title VI and Fulbright-Hays programs have played in building the largest and highest quality infrastructure in the world for training in languages and other aspects of foreign area knowledge. The volume celebrates the 50th anniversary of the Title VI and associated Fulbright-Hays programs, which have established more than 150 centers of excellence for modern foreign language and area studies and international business education in more than 60 U.S. universities. The authors review the histo
- pt. 1. The role of Title VI programs in national and global security
pt. 2. Title VI programs and the less commonly taught languages
pt. 3. The history and significance of the programs of Title VI higher education act
pt. 5. Global competitiveness
pt. 6. Accessing, benchmarking, and assessing Title VI
pt. 7. Future directions for Title VI and Fulbright-Hays programs.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Glew, Robert S.
Wiley, David, 1935-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|