Building the Responsible Enterprise : Where Vision and Values Add Value / Sandra Waddock, Andreas Rasche.
- Stanford, CA : Stanford University Press, 
1 online resource (375 p.)
- Social responsibility of business -- Social aspects
Industrial management -- Environmental aspects
- Local subjects:
- Industrial management - Environmental aspects.
Industrial management -- Environmental aspects.
Industrial management - Social aspects.
Industrial management -- Social aspects.
Social responsibility of business.
- Electronic books.
- Building the Responsible Enterprise provides students and practitioners with a practical, yet academically rooted, introduction to the state-of-the-art in sustainability and corporate social responsibility. The book consists of four parts, highlighting different aspects of corporate responsibility. Part I discusses the context in which corporate responsibility occurs. Part II looks at three critical issues: the development of vision at the individual and organizational levels, the integration of values into the responsible enterprise, and the ways that these building blocks create added value for a firm. Part III highlights the actual management practices that enable enterprises to achieve excellence, focusing on the roles that stakeholder relationships play in improving performance. The book concludes with a conversation about responsible management in the global village, examining the emerging infrastructure in which enterprise finds itself today. Throughout the text, cases exemplify key concepts and highlight companies that are guiding us into tomorrow's business environment.
1. Responsible enterprise
2. In search of balance
3. The role of personal and organizational vision
4. Values in management practice
5. Value added
7. Managing for responsibility
8. Assessing responsible enterprise
9. Sustainability and the global village
10. Responsibility initiatives and guidance documents
11. Scanning the future
12. Value added for the global future
- Description based upon print version of record.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 23. Jul 2020)
- Rasche, Andreas, author., Author,
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1515/9780804783873 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|