Giving voice to values [electronic resource] : how to speak your mind when you know what's right / Mary C. Gentile.
- Other records:
- New Haven [Conn.] : Yale University Press, c2010.
1 online resource (256 p.)
- Business ethics.
- Electronic books.
- How can you effectively stand up for your values when pressured by your boss, customers, or shareholders to do the opposite? Drawing on actual business experiences as well as on social science research, Babson College business educator and consultant Mary Gentile challenges the assumptions about business ethics at companies and business schools. She gives business leaders, managers, and students the tools not just to recognize what is right, but also to ensure that the right things happen. The book is inspired by a program Gentile launched at the Aspen Institute with Yale School of Management, and now housed at Babson College, with pilot programs in over one hundred schools and organizations, including INSEAD and MIT Sloan School of Management.She explains why past attempts at preparing business leaders to act ethically too often failed, arguing that the issue isn't distinguishing what is right or wrong, but knowing how to act on your values despite opposing pressure. Through research-based advice, practical exercises, and scripts for handling a wide range of ethical dilemmas, Gentile empowers business leaders with the skills to voice and act on their values, and align their professional path with their principles. Giving Voice to Values is an engaging, innovative, and useful guide that is essential reading for anyone in business.
- Giving voice to our values : the thought experiment
Values : what they are and what they are not
A tale of two stories : the power of choice
It's only normal
What am i working for?
Playing to my strengths : self-knowledge, self-image, and alignment
Finding my voice
Reasons and rationalizations
Putting it to work.
- Electronic reproduction. Askews and Holts. Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Bibliographic Level Mode of Issuance: Monograph
Includes bibliographical references (p. 259-268) and index.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.12987/9780300161328 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|