The unbearable heaviness of governing [electronic resource] : the Obama administration in historical perspective / Morton Keller.
- Stanford, Calif. : Hoover Institution Press, 2010.
- Hoover Institution Press publication ; 601.
Hoover Institution Press publication ; no. 601
1 online resource (201 p.)
- Obama, Barack.
United States -- Politics and government -- 2009-
- Electronic books.
- Taking a critical look at the realities that have shaped the first stage of Barack Obama's presidency, Morton Keller offers a history-focused examination of Obama's developing style of governing, with particular attention to his signature policies of the stimulus, financial, and health care reforms. The author considers this presidency in light of the facts of contemporary political life and the nature of key government institutions, such as Congress and the bureaucracy, and discusses what may lie ahead for the president's policies and political prospects.
- Front Cover; Book Title; Copyright; Contents; Foreword; Acknowledgments; Introduction; Chapter One -Governing; Chapter Two -Fixing the Economy; Chapter Three -Into the Maze: Health Care; Chapter Four -Contexts: Analogy and Ideology; Chapter Five -Unfinished Business: Policy and Politics; Notes; About the Author; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|