Occupy the future [electronic resource] / edited by David B. Grusky ... [et al.].
- Other records:
- Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, c2013.
- Boston review book.
A Boston review book
1 online resource (294 p.)
- Income distribution -- United States.
Equality -- United States.
Poverty -- United States.
United States -- Economic conditions -- 2009-.
United States -- Social conditions -- 2009-.
- Electronic books.
- "How the Occupy movement has challenged the gap between American principles and American practice--and how we can realize our most cherished ideals."--Provided by publisher.
- Contents; Part I. Introduction; Occupy the Future; Part II. The Empirical and Normative Foundation; Economic Inequality in the United States: An Occupy-Inspired Primer; How Much Inequality Is There?; Trends In Inequality; Cross-National Comparisons; The Sources of Inequality; Conclusions; Ethics and Inequality; Part III. The Sources of the Takeoff; Increasing Income Inequality: Economics and Institutional Ethics; Why Is There So Much Poverty?; Part IV. Who Bears the Brunt of the Takeoff?; Education and Inequality; The Double Binds of Economic and Racial Inequality
Gender and Economic InequalityPart V. Inequality, Politics, and Democracy; Restarting History; Political Remedies to Economic Inequality; State Millionaire Taxes; Inequality and Its Discontents; Fifty States: Room for Reform; No Flight of the Millionaires; Top One Percent Taxes and Sound State Fiscal Policy; The Politics of Occupy: Now and Looking Ahead; Part VI. The Social Costs of Inequality; Capitalism Versus the Environment; The Rising Toll of Inequality on Health Care and Health Status; Part VII. Inequality and Culture; Occupy Your Imagination; What if We Occupied Language?; Thinking Big
About the ContributorsNotes; Boston Review Books
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Grusky, David B.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|