The selected letters of Robert Creeley / edited by Rod Smith, Peter Baker, Kaplan Harris.
- Other records:
- Standardized Title:
- Correspondence. Selections
- Berkeley and Los Angeles, California ; London : University of California Press, 2014.
1 online resource (508 p.)
- Poets, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence.
Creeley, Robert, 1926-2005 -- Correspondence.
- Electronic books.
- Robert Creeley is one of the most celebrated and influential American poets. A stylist of the highest order, Creeley imbued his correspondence with the literary artistry he brought to his poetry. Through his engagements with mentors such as William Carlos Williams and Ezra Pound, peers such as Charles Olson, Robert Duncan, Denise Levertov, Allen Ginsberg, and Jack Kerouac, and mentees such as Charles Bernstein, Anselm Berrigan, Ed Dorn, Susan Howe, and Tom Raworth, Creeley helped forge a new poetry that re-imagined writing for his and subsequent generations. This first-ever volume of his letters, written between 1945 and 2005, document the life, work, and times of one of our greatest writers, and represent a critical archive of the development of contemporary American poetry, as well as the changing nature of letter-writing and communication in the digital era.
Part one. The Charm, 1945- 1952. Burma, New Hampshire, Aix-en-Provence
Part two. Black Mountain Review, 1953- 1956. Mallorca, Black Mountain, San Francisco
Part three. For Love, 1956- 1963. New Mexico, Guatemala, Vancouver
Part four. Pieces, 1963- 1973. New Mexico, Buffalo, Bolinas
Part five. Echoes, 1973- 1989 Buffalo, Maine, Helsinki
Part six. If I Were Writing This, 1989- 2005. Maine, Buffalo, Providence
Acknowledgments of Permissions
Index of Names and Titles
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
Description based on a print version record.
- Smith, Rod, 1962-
Baker, Peter, 1955-
Kaplan, Harris, 1975-
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1525/9780520956612 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|