Medicine and Moral Philosophy : A Philosophy and Public Affairs Reader / Marshall Cohen.
- Course Book
- Princeton, NJ : Princeton University Press, 
- Philosophy and Public Affairs Readers
Philosophy and Public Affairs Readers ; 848
1 online resource (0 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Medical ethics.
- Electronic books.
- In English.
- Responding to the increased public interest in the moral aspects of medical practice, this collection of essays focuses on questions of justice and injustice in the delivery and distribution of medical care and on problems concerning the rights of patients in their relationship to doctors, medical institutions, and government.Originally published in 1982.The Princeton Legacy Library uses the latest print-on-demand technology to again make available previously out-of-print books from the distinguished backlist of Princeton University Press. These editions preserve the original texts of these important books while presenting them in durable paperback and hardcover editions. The goal of the Princeton Legacy Library is to vastly increase access to the rich scholarly heritage found in the thousands of books published by Princeton University Press since its founding in 1905.
Part I. Conceptual Issues
On the Distinction between Disease and Illness / Boorse, Christopher
Human Being: The Boundaries of the Concept / Becker, Lawrence C.
Brain Death and Personal Identity / Green, Michael Β. / Wikler, Daniel
PART II. Health and Social Policy
Health-Care Needs and Distributive Justice / Daniels, Norman
Medical Progress and National Health Care / Lomasky, Loren Ε.
Gifts and Exchanges / Arrow, Kenneth J.
Altruism and Commerce: A Defense of Titmuss against Arrow / Singer, Peter
The Recombinant DNA Debate / Stich, Stephen P.
An Alternative Policy for Obtaining Cadaver Organs for Transplantation / Muyskens, James L.
PART III. Medical Paternalism
Paternalistic Behavior / Gert, Bernard / Culver, Charles M.
Medical Paternalism / Buchanan, Allen
The Contractual Argument for Withholding Medical Information / Vandeveer, Donald
PART IV. Euthanasia
Voluntary Euthanasia and the Inalienable Right to Life / Feinberg, Joel
Euthanasia / Foot, Phlllppa
- Description based upon print version of record.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 21. Dez 2019)
- Cohen, Marshall, editor., Editor,
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1515/9781400853564 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|