Vintage Visions [electronic resource] : Essays on Early Science Fiction / edited by Arthur B. Evans.
- Other records:
- Middletown, Connecticut : Wesleyan University Press, 2014.
- Wesleyan early classics of science fiction series.
Early Classics of Science Fiction
1 online resource (447 p.)
- Science fiction -- History and criticism.
- Electronic books.
- Top scholars investigate the nature and variety of early science fiction
- Cover; Vintage Visions; Title; Copyright; CONTENTS; Preface; 1 Cyrano de Bergerac's Epistemological Bodies: "Pregnant with a Thousand Definitions" (1998, with an afterword by Ishbel Addyman); 2 Samuel Madden's Memoirs of the Twentieth Century (1985); 3 German Theories of Science Fiction: Jean Paul, Kurd Lasswitz, and After (1976); 4 Monstrosity, Suffering, Subjectivity, and Sympathetic Community in Frankenstein and "The Structure of Torture" (2009); 5 Science Fiction vs. Scientific Fiction in France: From Jules Verne to J.-H. Rosny Aîné (1988)
6 Future-War Fiction: The First Main Phase, 1871-1900 (1997, with an afterword by Margaret Clarke)7 The Anatomical Gaze in Tomorrow's Eve (2009); 8 Desde Júpiter: Chile's Earliest Science-Fiction Novel (1995); 9 The First Wave: Latin American Science Fiction Discovers Its Roots (2007); 10 "Tell Us All About Little Rosebery": Topicality and Temporality in H. G. Wells's The Time Machine (2001); 11 The Phenomenology of Robots: Confrontations with Death in Karel Čapek's R.U.R. (1999); 12 Zamyatin and the Nightmare of Technology (1984)
13 "The Jules Verne, H. G. Wells, and Edgar Allan Poe Type of Story": Hugo Gernsback's History of Science Fiction (1992)14 The Historical Death Ray and Science Fiction in the 1920's and 1930's (2010); 15 C. L. Moore and the Conventions of Women's Science Fiction (1980, with an afterword by Veronica Hollinger); 16 On Stapledon's Star Maker (1987, with an afterword by Istvan Csicsery-Ronay,Jr.); 150 Key Works of Early Science Fiction; Bibliography of Criticism on Early Science Fiction; Contributors
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on print version record.
- Evans, Arthur B., editor of compilation.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|