Beyond the numbers [electronic resource] : understanding the institutions for monitoring poverty reduction strategies / Tara Bedi ... [et al.].
- Washington, DC : World Bank, 2006.
- Government document
1 online resource (260 p.)
- Poverty -- Government policy -- Developing countries -- Evaluation.
- Electronic books.
- This volume provides lessons on the design and functioning of such monitoring systems, based on the experience of twelve Poverty Reduction Strategy (PRS) countries. The focus is on the institutional arrangements of PRS monitoring systems - the rules and processes which bring the various actors and monitoring activities together in a coherent diagnostic tool, and a summary of the situation in twelve PRS countries.
- Contents; Foreword; Acknowledgments; About the Authors; Executive Summary; Acronyms; Introduction; Part One Lessons from the Experiences of 12 Countries; 1 Expectations and Realities; 2 Organizing the Supply Side of PRS Monitoring; 3 Making Use of PRS Monitoring; 4 Organizing Participation; 5 Conclusions of the Analysis; Part Two Diagnostic and Guidance Tools for the Practitioner; 1 Diagnostic Tool: The Institutional Dimension of PRS Monitoring Systems; 2 Guidance on the Institutional Dimension of PRS Monitoring Systems
Part Three Country Studies-Institutional Arrangements for PRS Monitoring Systems1 Albania; 2 Bolivia; 3 Guyana; 4 Honduras; 5 The Kyrgyz Republic; 6 Malawi; 7 Mali; 8 Mauritania; 9 Nicaragua; 10 Niger; 11 Tanzania; 12 Uganda; Bibliography
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Bedi, Tara, 1978-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|