Florence Nightingale on Public Health Care [electronic resource] : Collected Works of Florence Nightingale, Volume 6 / edited by Lynn McDonald.
- Waterloo, Ont. : Wilfrid Laurier University Press, c2001-
- Nightingale, Florence, 1820-1910. Collected works of Florence Nightingale ; v. 6.
The collected works of Florence Nightingale ; v. 6
Collected works of Florence Nightingale ; v. 6.
1 online resource (724 p.)
- Poor -- Medical care -- England.
Public health nursing -- England.
Public health -- England.
Nightingale, Florence, 1820-1910.
- Electronic books.
- This sixth volume in the Collected Works of Florence Nightingale reports Nightingale's considerable accomplishments in the development of a public health care system based on health promotion and disease prevention. It follows directly from her understanding of social science and broader social reform activities, which were related in Society and Politics (Volume 5). Public Health Care includes a critical edition of Notes on Nursing for the Labouring Classes, papers on mortality in aboriginal schools and hospitals, and on rural health. It reports much unknown ma
- CONTENTS; Acknowledgments; Dramatis Personae; List of Illustrations; Florence Nightingale: A Précis of the Collected Works; Introduction to Volume 6; Key to Editing; Notes on Nursing for the Labouring Classes; Colonial Sanitary Statistics and Aboriginal Depopulation; ''Sick-Nursing and Health-Nursing''; Workhouse Infirmaries in Nightingale's Day; The Liverpool Workhouse Infirmar y; The Extension of Workhouse Nursing to Metropolitan London; Other Workhouse Infirmaries; The Extension of Nursing to Workhouse Infirmaries in Ireland; Nature, Disease, Germs and Contagion; Rural Health
Medical Care of Employees, Former Employees and TenantsAppendix; Appendix: Biographical Sketches; Bibliography; Index
- Includes index.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|