Sustainable land management [electronic resource] : challenges, opportunities, and trade-offs.
- Other records:
- Washington, DC : World Bank, 2006.
- Agriculture and rural development series.
Agriculture and rural development series
- Government document
1 online resource (112 p.)
- Agricultural development projects -- Environmental aspects.
Land use -- Environmental aspects.
- Electronic books.
- Land is the integrating component of all livelihoods depending on farm, forest, rangeland, or water (rivers, lakes, coastal marine) habitats. Due to varying political, social, and economic factors, the heavy use of natural resources to supply a rapidly growing global population and economy has resulted in the unintended mismanagement and degradation of land and ecosystems. Sustainable Land Management provides strategic focus to the implementation of sustainable land management (SLM) components of the World Bank's development strategies. SLM is a knowledge-based procedure that integrates land,
- CONTENTS; Tables, Figures, and Boxes; Acknowledgments; Acronyms and Abbreviations; Overview; 1. Introduction; 2. Incidence and Effects of Land Degradation; Boxes; Figures; 3. Challenges to Sustainable Land Management; 4. SLM Interventions: An Agri-technical Perspective; Tables; 5. The Bank's Evolving SLM Portfolio; 6. SLM: Strategic Options; Appendix: Land Management and a Useful Plant Diversity Index ("V" Index); Notes; Bibliography; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
- World Bank.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|