Nothing personal, just business [electronic resource] : a guided journey into organizational darkness / Howard F. Stein.
- Westport, CT : Quorum Books, 2001.
1 online resource (191 p.)
- Organizational behavior -- United States.
Violence in the workplace -- United States.
Job stress -- United States.
Work environment -- United States.
- Electronic books.
- Through vignettes and case studies, this work demonstrates how brutal business practices have become. It shows the importance of psychodynamic mechanisms (especially counter-transference) in understanding and healing dysfunctional business, medical, and educational organizations.
- Preliminaries; Contents; Preface; Acknowledgments and Roadmap for This Book; 1 Introduction Don't Take It Personally It's Just Business; 2 Countertransference as Tool in Organizational Theory: The Use of Self to Understand Workplace Violence; 3 Downsizing, Managed Care, and the Potlatching; 4 The Holocaust as Trope for Managed Social Change; 5 Ordinary Brutality at Work; 6 "How Long Can We Circle the Wagons?" Sense of Doom at Work; 7 Rupture and Reconciliation A Case Study; Conclusions; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|