The international law on foreign investment [electronic resource] / M. Sornarajah.
- 2nd ed.
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2004.
1 online resource (553 p.)
- Investments, Foreign (International law)
- Electronic books.
- This book surveys the international law developed to protect foreign investment made by multinational corporations. It assesses the role of multinational corporations in making foreign investments, and considers ways in which misconduct on the part of such corporations in host states could be controlled.
- COVER; HALF-TITLE; TITLE; COPYRIGHT; DEDICATION; CONTENTS; PREFACE TO THE SECOND EDITION; PREFACE TO THE FIRST EDITION; TABLE OF CASES; ABBREVIATIONS; 1 Introduction; 2 The shaping factors; 3 Controls by the host state; 4 The liability of multinational corporations and home state measures; 5 Bilateral investment treaties; 6 Multilateral instruments on foreign investment; 7 Causes of action: breaches of treatment standards; 8 The taking of foreign property; 9 Takings in violation of foreign investment agreements; 10 Compensation for nationalisation of foreign investments; BIBLIOGRAPHY; INDEX
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 489-505) and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|