The social costs of underemployment [electronic resource] : inadequate employment as disguised unemployment / David Dooley, JoAnn Prause.
- Cambridge, UK New York, NY USA : Cambridge University Press, 2004.
1 online resource (286 p.)
Underemployment -- Health aspects.
Underemployment -- Psychological aspects.
- Electronic books.
- This book compares the effects of two different kinds of underemployment - unemployment and inadequate employment relative to adequate employment. It studies these effects on self-esteem, alcohol abuse, depression, and, in cross-generational analysis, birth weight.
- 1. Disguised Unemployment and Changing Forms of Work
2. The Social Costs of Unemployment
3. Data Sources and Methods
4. Reverse Causation: Findings on the Selection Hypothesis
5. Leaving School: Self-esteem in an Unwelcoming Economy
6. Early Adulthood: Alcohol Misuse and Underemployment
7. Settling Down: Psychological Depression and Underemployment
8. Extending the Employment Continuum: Well-Being in Welfare Transitions
9. The Next Generation: Underemployment and Birthweight
11. New Directions.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 241-259) and indexes.
- Prause, JoAnn, 1953-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|