Marilyn Monroe [electronic resource] / Paul Donnelley.
- Harpenden : Pocket Essentials, 2000.
1 online resource (89 p.)
- Monroe, Marilyn, 1926-1962.
Motion picture actors and actresses -- United States -- Biography.
- Electronic books.
- Who was Marilyn? The most potent female sex symbol of the Twentieth Century? A superb comedic actress who was let down by poor material? An actress who failed to be taken seriously by most of the people who should have protected her? A woman who was used and abused by the men in her life including some of the most powerful on earth? Or a dizzy blonde with a great body who got lucky at the right time and in the right place? Born in Hollywood, albeit on the wrong side of the tracks, the young Marilyn had everything stacked against her. Yet she struggled against the adversity and became
- Front Cover; 1. Introduction; 2. Dumb: The Woo-Woo Girl; Dangerous Years; Scudda Hoo! Scudda Hay!; Ladies Of The Chorus; Love Happy; A Ticket To Tomahawk; The Asphalt Jungle; All About Eve; The Fireball; Right Cross; Hometown Story; As Young As You Feel; Love Nest; Let's Make It Legal; 3. Sexy: A Streetwalker Of Stunning Proportions; Clash By Night; We're Not Married!; Don't Bother To Knock; Monkey Business; O Henry's Full House; 4. Fun: A Giggle In Her Talk; Niagara; Gentlemen Prefer Blondes; How To Marry A Millionaire; River Of No Return; There's No Business Like Show Business
The Seven Year Itch5. Vulnerable: A Tenderness That Is Affecting; Bus Stop; The Prince And The Showgirl; Some Like It Hot; Let's Make Love; The Misfits; Something's Got To Give; 6. Marilyn's Death; The Theories; 7. The Best & Worst Films; 8. The 16 Directors Marilyn Agreed To Work With; 9. Where Are They Now?
- At head of title: The pocket essential.
Includes bibliographical references.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|