Just marriage [electronic resource] / Mary Lyndon Shanley ; edited by Joshua Cohen and Deborah Chasman for Boston Review.
- Oxford [UK] ; New York : Oxford University Press, c2004.
- New democracy forum/Boston review series.
New democracy forum/Boston review series
1 online resource (129 p.)
- Marriage -- United States.
Marriage -- Government policy -- United States.
- Electronic books.
- As the national debate intensifies over what marriage is and who may marry, Mary Lyndon Shanley argues that although the state should continue to play a role in regulating personal relations, the law must be fundamentally reformed if marriage is to become a more just institution.
- Just marriage : on the public importance of private unions / Mary Lyndon Shanley
The public stake / Nancy F. Cott
Marriage : love or care? / Joan C. Tronto
Of federalism and caste / Cass R. Sunstein
Why marriage? / Martha Alberston Fineman
Mystification, neutrality, and same-sex couples in marriage / David B. Cruz
The relational case for same-sex marriage / William N. Eskridge, Jr.
A communitarian position for civil unions / Amitai Etzioni
Between justice and commitment / Milton C. Regan, Jr.
Just monogamy? / Elizabeth F. Emens
The public supports of love / Drucilla Cornell
After marriage / Wendy Brown
Beyond marriage / Brenda Cossman
Why we should disestablish marriage / Tamara Metz
Afterword / Mary Lyndon Shanley.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Cohen, Joshua, 1951-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|