Journey into Islam [electronic resource] : The Crisis of Globalization / Akbar Ahmed.
- Washington, D.C. : Brookings Institution Press, c2007.
1 online resource (337 p.)
- Islamic renewal -- Islamic countries.
Globalization -- Religious aspects -- Islam.
Islam -- 21st century.
Religious awakening -- Islam.
Islamic countries -- Description and travel.
- Electronic books.
- "Presents a tour of Islam and its peoples as it follows author's anthropological expedition to the three major regions of the Muslim world--the Middle East, South Asia, and East Asia. Reveals unique information on large, often misunderstood populations, describing the experiences and perceptions of ordinary Muslims, women, and youth"--Provided by publisher.
- An anthropological excursion into the Muslim world
The struggle within Islam
Tribes, women, and honor in the age of globalization
Who is defining Islam after 9/11 and why?
The clash of civilizations?
Lifting the veil
Epilogue: the hope of the world.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 287-301) and index.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|