Social and communication development in autism spectrum disorders [electronic resource] : early identification, diagnosis, and intervention / edited by Tony Charman, Wendy Stone.
- Other records:
- New York : Guilford Press, c2006.
1 online resource (368 p.)
- Autistic children -- Language.
Communicative disorders in children.
Developmentally disabled children -- Language.
Language disorders in children -- Treatment.
Social skills in children.
- Electronic books.
- From leading clinical researchers, this book presents important advances in understanding and treating the early social-communication difficulties that are hallmarks of autism spectrum disorders (ASD). It is grounded in current findings on typically and atypically developing infants, toddlers, and preschoolers. Contributors highlight the connections between ASD and impairments in joint attention, communication and language, play, and imitation. They review approaches to supporting children's functioning in each area, along with evidence-based screening and
- Understanding and measuring social communication in children with autism spectrum disorders / Amy M. Wetherby
Early diagnosis of children with autistic spectrum disorders / Catherine Lord and Jennifer Richler
Screening for autism spectrum disorders in populations: progress, challenges and questions for future research and practice / Tony Charman and Simon Baron-Cohen
Early screening for autism spectrum disorders in clinical practice settings / Lonnie Zwaigenbaum and Wendy Stone
Treatment of responding to and initiating joint attention / Paul J. Yoder and Andrea S. McDuffie
Evidence-based interventions for language development in young children with autism / Sally J. Rogers
Promoting social reciprocity and symbolic representation in children with autism spectrum disorders: designing quality peer play interventions / Pamela J. Wolfberg and Adriana L. Schuler
Imitation: some cues for intervention approaches in autism spectrum disorders
Jacqueline Nadel and Nadra Aouka
Augmentative and alternative communication systems for children with autism / Patricia Howlin
A developmental approach to understanding atypical development / Tedra A. Walden and Jennifer J. Hurley
The neural basis of early joint-attention behavior / Peter Mundy and Danielle Thorp.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Charman, Tony.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|