Knowledge - based development II [electronic resource] : knowledge cities / Guest editor, Francisco Javier Carrillo.
- Other records:
- Bradford, England : Emerald Group Publishing, c2004.
- Journal of knowledge management ; v. 8, no. 5.
Journal of Knowledge Management. No. 5 ; Vol. 8
1 online resource (128 p.)
- City planning.
Information resources management.
- Electronic books.
- Over the past several years, there have been intensive discussions about the importance of knowledge management (KM) in our society. Nowadays, it is commonly accepted that many KM disciplines and practices are relevant to the social-level knowledge based development. In this context, the new theme of ''knowledge cities'' came to the front. This paper attempts on the one hand to define the concept in a coherent way - presenting also its main implications and benefits - and on the other hand, to examine - on a worldwide scale - the different models of knowledge cities as well as modes of practice
- Table of contents; Editorial; Towards knowledge cities: conceptual analysis and success stories; Innovation engines for knowledge cities: an innovation ecology perspective; Capital cities: a taxonomy of capital accounts for knowledge cities; Developing futures: a knowledge-based capital for Manchester; Greater Phoenix as a knowledge capital; Creating a knowledge-based city: the example of Hsinchu Science Park; Ba for knowledge cities: a futuristic technology model; Knowledge repositories in knowledge cities: institutions, conventions and knowledge subnetworks
A compilation of resources on knowledge cities and knowledge-based development
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Carrillo, F. J.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|