Britannica encyclopedia of world religions [electronic resource] / [ consulting editor, Wendy Doniger].
- Other Title:
- Encyclopedia of world religions
- Chicago, IL : Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc., c2006.
1 online resource (1233 p.)
- Religion -- Encyclopedias.
- Electronic books.
- A guide to the religions of the world and to the concepts, movements, people, and events that have shaped them. It includes features such as: entries on religious movements and concepts, historical and legendary figures, divinities, religious sites and ceremonies; images that show sacred places, vestments, rituals, objects, and texts; and more.
- Advisors and Authors; CONTENTS; Editor's Preface; Introduction; Explanatory Notes; Guide to Pronunciation; Pronunciation Symbols; Encyclopedia of World Religions from Aaron to Zwingli; Major Articles; Color Plates: Sacred Places; Color Plates: Sacred Rituals; Color Plates: Sacred Images; Color Plates: Sacred Costumes; Bibliography
- "The original edition of this book, created in conjunction with Merriam-Webster, Incorporated, was published in 1999 as Merriam-Webster's encyclopedia of world religions" -- T. p. verso.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 1168-1181).
- Encyclopaedia Britannica, inc.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|