Managing library volunteers [electronic resource] : a practical toolkit / Preston Driggers, Eileen Dumas.
- Chicago : American Library Association, 2002.
1 online resource (182 p.)
- Volunteer workers in libraries.
- Electronic books.
- Volunteers play a vital role in successful libraries across the county, and as staffing budgets shrink and change, it is more important now than ever to create and sustain a volunteer program that works to your advantage. This hands-on guide to recruiting, training, managing, and recognizing library volunteers is packed with ideas that will help you to both start from scratch or reenergize the system you already have. It is a must-have for any size or type of budget-savvy, proactive library. Organized around the timeline of the volunteer recruitment process, this practical toolkit covers the g
- PART I VOLUNTEER LIBRARY PROGRAM; PART II VOLUNTEER RECRUITMENT; PART III TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT; PART IV AWARDS AND RECOGNITION; PART V VOLUNTEER RULES AND DISCIPLINE; PART VI VOLUNTEER RECORD KEEPING; FIGURE AND SAMPLES v; SAMPLES; ACKNOWLEDGMENTS vii; HOW TO USE THIS MANUAL ix; INTRODUCTION: THE VOLUNTEER PROGRAM CYCLE xi; FIGURE 1 Enhancing Library Services: The Volunteer Program Cycle xi; BIBLIOGRAPHY 161; INDEX 165;
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 161-164) and index.
- Dumas, Eileen.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|