Web-based learning [electronic resource] : technology and pedagogy : proceedings of the 4th International Conference, Hong Kong, 1-3 August 2005 / editors, Reggie Kwan and Joseph Fong.
- Other records:
- Singapore ; Hackensack, NJ : World Scientific, c2005.
- Conference Name:
- International Conference on Web-Based Learning (4th : 2005 : Hong Kong, China)
1 online resource (233 p.)
- Internet in education -- Congresses.
Education -- Computer network resources -- Congresses.
- Electronic books.
- Web-based learning involves the use of appropriate technology with the corresponding pedagogical approaches managed in the context of today's educational setting. This book features an interesting range of leading-edge works from researchers and practitioners who have applied current web technology to various learning endeavours. The volume contains a selection of peer-reviewed papers by many of the field's expert researchers and practitioners. It is an excellent resource for students, researchers and practitioners involved in web-based learning or e-learning.
- Foreword; ICWL 2005 Conference Committee; Welcome; International Program Committee; Contents; PART ONE Tools; 1. The InterTEST Web-Based Multiple-Choice Testing Software: Developing and Evaluating On-Line English Language Tests Philippos Pouyioutas, Victoria Kalogerou, and Maria Poveda; 2. WebLec: A Full-Scale Lesson Management Support System Developed by University Students Satoshi Uchida; 3. On or Off the Slate: University Library E-Reserve Supports Web-based Learning Ophelia Cheung
4. Design and Implement of The Web-based Virtual Laboratory for On-Campuse Circuit Courses Gu Rang, Zhu Miaoliang, and Dong Yabo5. A Mechanism for Knowledge Map Construction on Personalized E-Learning Platform: A Semantic Approach S. M. Huang, H. Y. Hsueh, and H. Y. Jiang; 6. Yet Another Platform for Web-based Learning T. S. Li, S. M. Wong, and Reggie Kwan; PART TWO Models; 7. Blended Learning Approach: A Strategy to Address the Issue of Declining Enrollment in Mechanical Programs and A Promising Model in Teaching AutoCAD in Arabic R. Bedri and M. O. Al-Nais
8. Concept Maps and Learning Objects Leonel Iriarte Navarr, Manuel Marco Such, Pedro Pernias Peco, and Daniel Moron Martin 9. The Construction of Web-based Mastery Learning System Hsien Tang Lin, Zhi Feng Liu, and Shyan-Ming Yuan; 10. Enhancing Problem-based Learning by E-learning: A Study with the Teaching of Data Structures and Algorithms KentK. T. Cheung, Alan Y. K. Chan, and Paul K. O. Chow; 11. How Should Online Tutors be Trained? A Four-level of Evaluation for E-moderating Programme Eva Tsang
12. Methodology for Developing Dynamic Web Authoring System for E-Learning Yin Fei Yeung and Joseph FongPART THREE Applications; 13. Creation of a Library of Learning Objects (LO) from Pre Existing Contents Leonel Iriarte Navarr, Manuel Marco Such, Pedro Pernias Peco, and Daniel Moron Martin; 14. A Mobile Agent Assisted Learning Resource Service Framework based on SOAP Wu Di, Yang Zongkai, and Cheng Wenqing; 15. Teaching Stroke Order of Chinese Characters by Using Minimal Feedback Kerry Tsang and Howard Leung; 16. An On-Line Programming Environment with Automated Assessment Ronnie Cheung
17. Webits and Quality Control in Marking of Examination Scripts Philip Tsang, Reggie Kwan, Andrew K. Lui, and Henry LoPART FOUR Human Factors; 18. Social Capital Creation and Reciprocity in Online Learning Platforms Andrew K. Lui, Yannie Cheung, and Reggie Kwan; 19. Are Teachers in Hong Kong Ready for e-Learning? Teddy Koon Keung So; 20. Implementation Issues on the Specification for Service Quality Management of e-Learning Yi Zhang, Zhiting Zhu, Chengling Zhao, Zongkai Yang, and Sanlan Lu
21. A Comparative Evaluation and Correlation Between Learning Styles and Academic Achievement on E-Learning Daniel Su
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Kwan, Reggie.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|