Students' mental health needs [electronic resource] : problems and responses / edited by Nicky Stanley and Jill Manthorpe ; foreword by Barbara Waters.
- London ; Philadelphia : Jessica Kingsley Pub., 2002.
1 online resource (274 p.)
- College students -- Mental health services.
College students -- Mental health.
Crisis intervention (Mental health services)
Students -- Mental health services.
- Electronic books.
- Student life is a time of change and adjustment, and their families as well as staff need resources to help them provide support for students experiencing mental health difficulties. This book explores how the needs of students can best be met by student and community mental health services.
- Students' Mental Health Needs Problems and Responses; Contents; Foreword; Chapter 1 Introduction: Constructing the Framework; Part One: The Experiences of Students and Their Families; Chapter 2 Breakdown; Chapter 3 Students' Perspectives; Chapter 4 When Our Children Kill Themselves: Parental Perspectives Following Suicide; Part Two: Exploring the Problems; Chapter 5 Identifying Students' Concerns: Taking a Whole Institutional Approach; Chapter 6 Degrees of Debt; Chapter 7 Identifying Students' Mental Health Problems in Primary Care Settings; Chapter 8 The University and the Wider Community
Part Three: Identifying Effective ResponsesChapter 9 A Model for Supportive Services in Higher Education; Chapter 10 A Model of Supportive Services in Further Education; Chapter 11 Using Structured Self-help Materials; Chapter 12 Faith and Spirituality in Students' Mental Health; Chapter 13 Responding to Student Suicide
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Manthorpe, Jill, 1955-
Stanley, Nicky, 1955-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|