What God has joined together [electronic resource] : the annulment crisis in American Catholicism / Robert H. Vasoli.
- New York : Oxford University Press, 1998.
1 online resource (265 p.)
- Marriage -- Annulment (Canon law) -- Popular works.
Marriage -- Annulment -- United States -- Popular works.
- Electronic books.
- Since Vatican II, there has been a sizeable increase in the number of Catholic marriage annulments in the USA - previously a rarity. This text offers a study of this annulment ""American-style"", exploring how and why the American system has become geared to the mass-production of annulments.
- Contents; Introduction; 1. Profaning Marriage; 2. Winds of Change; 3. Building on the Groundwork; 4. The New Jurisprudence; 5. Psychologizing Annulment; 6. Systemic Abuse of Psychology; 7. Promoting the Blueprint; 8. Screening and Docketing Cases; 9. Tribunal Personnel; 10. Respondents and the Right of Defense; 11. Appellate Review; Conclusion; Notes; Bibliography; Index; A; B; C; D; E; F; G; H; I; J; K; L; M; N; O; P; Q; R; S; T; U; V; W
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 239-247) and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|