A guide to federal terms and acronyms [electronic resource] / edited by Don Philpott.
- Other records:
- Lanham, MD : Government Institutes, 2010.
1 online resource (3145 p.)
- Administrative agencies -- United States -- Abbreviations.
Administrative agencies -- United States -- Acronyms.
Executive departments -- United States -- Abbreviations.
Executive departments -- United States -- Acronyms.
Administrative agencies -- United States -- Terminology.
Executive departments -- United States -- Terminology.
- Electronic books.
- Navigating government documents is a task which requires considerable knowledge of specialized terms and acronyms. Their sheer number makes mastering them nearly impossible. But now, all of these terms and their definitions are within reach. A Guide to Federal Terms and Acronyms presents a glossary of key definitions used by the Federal Government. This handy reference guide is both comprehensive, covering all major Federal Government agencies, and accessible, organized in a logical, easy-to-use format. It is an essential tool for anyone who works with government information.
- Preface; Acquisitions; Agriculture; Archives and Records; Building Protection; Census; Chemical, Biological and Radiological; Central Intelligence Agency; Children; Coast Guard; Congress; Contracts and Contracting; Customs; Defense; Disaster and Emergency Management; DNA Technology; Education; Energy; Environmental Protection; Equal Opportunities; Federal Aviation Administration; Food and Nutrition; Health and Human Services; Homeland Security; Housing and Urban Development; Information Technology; Immigration and Naturalization; Internal Revenue Service; Labor; Veterans Affairs
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Philpott, Don, 1946-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|