The encyclopedia of country music [electronic resource] : the ultimate guide to the music / compiled by the staff of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum ; edited by Paul Kingsbury with the assistance of Laura Garrard, Daniel Cooper, and John Rumble.
- Other records:
- New York : Oxford University Press, 1998.
1 online resource (665 p.)
- Country music -- Encyclopedias.
- Electronic books.
- To its millions of fans, country music is America's music, offering a window into the sweet dreams and cruel disappointments of ordinary American lives. Now the renowned Country Music Foundation, custodian of Nashville's legendary Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, has compiled a fascinating and infinitely useful guide to this beloved musical genre--The Encyclopedia of Country Music. Nearly 1,300 alphabetical entries put eight decades of country music at readers' fingertips, from the earliest '20s recordings of the Carter Family and Jimmie Rodgers to the '90s chart-topping albums of LeAnn
- Cover; Contents; Foreword; Introduction; Acknowledgments; The Entries, A-Z; Essay Articles; Color Section: The Sound Seen; Appendices
- First issued as an Oxford University Press paperback in 2004.
Discography: p. -614.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Kingsbury, Paul.
Cooper, D. (Daniel)
Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum (Nashville, Tenn.)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|