Food jobs [electronic resource] : 150 great jobs for culinary students, career changers and food lovers / Irena Chalmers.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Beaufort Books, c2008.
1 online resource (351 p.)
- Food service -- Vocational guidance.
Hospitality industry -- Vocational guidance.
- Electronic books.
- Maybe you're considering culinary school, maybe you're about to graduate, or maybe you're looking for an exciting career change. How can you translate your zest for flavor into a satisfying profession? Should you become a chef or open a specialty foods shop, write cookbooks or try your hand at food styling? Culinary careers are as varied as they are fascinating--the only challenge is deciding which one is right for you. Filled with advice from food-world pros including luminaries such as Alice Waters, Chris Kimball, Betty Fussell and Darra Goldstein, Food Jobs will set you behind the stove of
- Contents; Acknowledgments; Foreword; Introduction; 1 Restaurants and food service; 2 Retail jobs; 3 Art and design; 4 Publishing, television, the internet, radio, and all things media; 5 Promotion and publicity; 6 History and culture; 7 Science and technology; 8 Farming; 9 Cooking schools and culinary education; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|