Friends forever [electronic resource] : how girls and women forge lasting relationships / Suzanne Degges-White and Christine Borzumato-Gainey.
- Other records:
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, c2011.
1 online resource (296 p.)
- Female friendship.
- Electronic books.
- Though a woman's life and the world around them may change, it's the promise of friendship that remains an irreplaceable constant. From their biological and cultural origins to the varied manifestations of social connections, this book explores the deep bonds forged between women. By sharing stories from girls and women throughout their lives, the authors thoughtfully illustrate the roles that contemporary social relationships play at different stages in our lives while offering insights to deeper self-understanding and for finding, establishing, and sustaining relationships
- Untitled; Contents; Acknowledgments; Friendship Basics: An Introduction; PART I: WHY WOMEN NEED FRIENDS; Chapter 1: The Biology of Friendship; Chapter 2: Friendship in Context; Chapter 3: "Friendology"; PART II: FRIENDSHIP CHRONOLOGY; Chapter 4: Early Childhood; Chapter 5: Adolescent Friendships; Chapter 6: Emerging Adulthood; Chapter 7: Coupled Up, But No Kids Yet; Chapter 8: Motherhood; Chapter 9: The Midlife Years; Chapter 10: The Long Road Home; PART III: MAKING FRIENDS-STARTING WITH YOURSELF; Chapter 11: Understanding Who You Are as a Friend; Chapter 12: Roadblocks to Friendships
PART IV: TAKING A CENSUS OF YOUR CIRCLE OF FRIENDSChapter 13: Mapping Out Your Friendscape; Chapter 14: Redesigning Your Social Support Landscape; Chapter 15: Finding New Friends; PART V: STRATEGIES FOR SURVIVAL-BUILDING AND MAINTAINING LASTING FRIENDSHIPS; Chapter 16: Building Strong Friendships from the Beginning; Chapter 17: Tips to Strengthen Existing Friendships; Chapter 18: Friendship in the Digital Age: Technology Keeps Us Connected-Sometimes!; Chapter 19: Full-Time Friend/Part-Time Lover; Chapter 20: Coming Full Circle with a Circle of Friends; Notes; Bibliography; Index
About the Authors
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 261-273) and index.
- Borzumato-Gainey, Christine.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|