Henry IV of Germany, 1056-1106 [electronic resource] / I.S. Robinson.
- Other records:
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 1999.
1 online resource (420 p.)
- Constitutional history -- Holy Roman Empire.
Germany -- Kings and rulers -- Biography.
Holy Roman Empire -- Kings and rulers -- Biography.
Holy Roman Empire -- History -- Henry IV, 1056-1106.
Henry IV, Holy Roman Emperor, 1050-1106.
- Electronic books.
- This is the first book in English devoted to the German king and emperor Henry IV (1056-1106). His reign was one of the most momentous in German history and a turning-point in the history of the medieval empire (the kingdoms of Germany, Italy and Burgundy).
- Preliminaries; Contents; Acknowledgements; Introduction; The young king, 1056-1075; 1 The minority, 1056-1065; 2 Henry IV and Saxony, 1065-1075; The conflict with Pope Gregory VII; 3 Henry IV, the imperial Church and the reform papacy, 1065-1075; 4 Worms, Canossa, Forchheim, 1076-1077; 5 Civil war in Germany, 1077-1081; 6 The second Italian expedition, 1081-1084; Emperor Henry IV, 1084-1106; 7 The pacification of Germany, 1084-1089; 8 Henry IV, the imperial Church and the papacy: the third Italian expedition, 1090-1097; 9 The restoration of royal authority in Germany, 1097-1103
10 The end of the reign, 1103-1106Conclusion; Bibliography; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 370-396) and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|