Atlas [electronic resource] : global resources for persons with intellectual disabilities, 2007.
- Other records:
- Geneva, Switzerland : World Health Organization, c2007.
- Government document
1 online resource (108 p.)
- People with mental disabilities -- Services for -- Statistics.
- Electronic books.
- Persons with intellectual disabilities (ID) are frequently the most vulnerable group and on many occasions are exposed to human rights violations and deprived of minimum services and dignity. These persons are also the most likely to be secluded in large institutions unable to access basic health and educational services and excluded from ordinary social relations.Although it is well known that intellectual disability is a neglected area essential information about the presence or absence of resources and services for this population does not even exist in most of the countries of the world.
- Table of contents; Foreword; Preface; The project team and partners; Introduction; Methods; Findings by themes; Salient findings; The way forward; References; Appendix
- "Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse, World Health Organization"--P.  of cover.
"Joint report by the World Health Organization and the Montreal PAHO/WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Training in Mental Health, Douglas University Institute in Mental Health"--P.  of cover.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 75).
- World Health Organization. Dept. of Mental Health and Substance Abuse.
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Training in Mental Health.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|