HTML5 mobile development cookbook [electronic resource] : over 60 recipes for building fast, responsive HTML5 mobile websites for iPhone 5, Android, Windows Phone, and Blackberry / Shi Chuan.
- Other records:
- 1st edition
- Birmingham, U.K. : Packt Pub., 2012.
1 online resource (254 p.)
- HTML (Document markup language).
Mobile computing -- Programming.
Application software -- Development.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- The book is written in a cookbook style, presenting examples in the style of recipes, allowing you to go directly to your topic of interest, or follow topics throughout a chapter to gain in-depth knowledge. Developers keen to create HTML5 mobile websites that are fast and responsive across a whole range of mobile devices.
- Cover; Copyright; Credits; About the Author; About the Reviewers; www.PacktPub.com; Table of Contents; Preface; Chapter 1: HTML5 and the Mobile Web; Introduction; Setting up mobile development tools; BlackBerry simulator; Setting up the mobile development environment; Using HTML5 on the mobile web; Rendering HTML5 across different browsers; Designing for mobile; Defining a content strategy; Chapter 2: Mobile Setup and Optimization; Introduction; Adding a home screen button icon; Preventing text resize; Optimizing viewport width; Fixing Mobile Safari screen re-flow scale
Launching phone-specific programs from the browserEnabling iPhone start screen in full screen mode; Prevent iOS from zooming onfocus; Disabling or limiting WebKit features; Chapter 3: Interactive Media with Mobile Events; Introduction; Moving an element with touch events; Detecting and handling orientation event; Rotating an HTML element with gesture events; Making a carousel with swipe events; Zooming an image with gesture events; Chapter 4: Building Fast and Responsive Websites; Introduction; Building pages using HTML5 semantics; Using CSS3 features for progressive enhancement
Applying responsive designOptimizing polyfills script loading; Applying user agent detection; Adding mobile bookmark bubble to the home page; Building Contact page with textarea and autogrow forms; Making buttons with instant response; Hiding WebKit chrome; Building a mobile sitemap; Chapter 5: Mobile Device Access; Introduction; Getting your location; Handling cross-browser geolocation; Displaying a map based on your geolocation; Displaying location in realtime; Using the DeviceOrientation event; Using geolocation with foursquare; Chapter 6: Mobile Rich Media; Introduction
Compressing files using GzipRemoving ETags; Chapter 9: Mobile Performance Testing; Introduction; Speed testing your device with Blaze; Analyzing mobile page speed online; Analyzing mobile performance with PCAP Web Performance Analyzer; Using HTTP Archive Mobile; Storing performance data with Jdrop; Chapter 10: Emerging Mobile Web Features; Introduction; window.onerror; Using ECMAScript 5 methods; New HTML5 input types; Inline SVG in text/HTML; position:fixed; overflow:scroll; Index
- On cover: Quick answers to common problems.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|