LiveCode mobile development beginner's guide [electronic resource] : create fun-filled, rich apps for Android and iOS with LiveCode / Colin Holgate.
- Other records:
- Birmingham : Packt Pub., 2012.
1 online resource (247 p.)
- Smartphones -- Programming.
Operating systems (Computers).
Application software -- Development.
Mobile computing -- Programming.
Android (Electronic resource).
iOS (Electronic resource).
- Electronic books.
- Create fun filled, rich apps for Android and iOS with LiveCode
- Cover; Copyright; Credits; About the Author; About the Reviewers; www.PacktPub.com; Table of Contents; Preface; Chapter 1:LiveCode Fundamentals; Background history and metaphors; You do have LiveCode, don't you?; Learning the lay of the land; Main windows; Time for action - it's a drag, but you'll like it!; Creating a hierarchy; Stack structure; Where code goes; Time for action - making and navigating between cards; Making a simple calculator application; Inspector clues, oh...; Time for action - making the calculator buttons; Verbosity, synonyms, and ""me""; Adding the card handlers
Variable types in LiveCodeExtending the calculator; Other interface controls; Video player control; Still image control; Rollover buttons; Many More Controls...; Debugging; RunRev's online tutorials; Summary; Chapter 2:Getting Started with LiveCode Mobile; iOS, Android, or both?; Becoming an Android developer; Android Market; Amazon Appstore; Downloading the Android SDK; Installing Android SDK on Mac OS X (Intel); Installing Android SDK on Windows; Pointing LiveCode to the Android SDK; Becoming an iOS developer; Installing Xcode; Pointing LiveCode to the iOS SDKs
Before we can make our first mobile appGetting ready to test for Android; Time for action - starting an Android virtual device; Connecting a physical Android device; Using a Kindle Fire; Time for action - adding a Kindle Fire to ADB; Getting ready to test for iOS; Time for action - using the iOS simulator; Appiness at last!; Time for action - testing a simple stack in the simulators; Time for action - testing a simple stack on devices; Further reading; Summary; Chapter 3:Building User Interfaces; Setting up a test bed mobile app; Time for action - making the test bed stack
Invoking the desktop e-mail applicationTime for action - calling the native e-mail application; Installing the e-mail test onto devices; Time for action - trying test bed stack on devices; Opening a web page; Time for action - calling the native browser application; Mobile-only, date picker; Time for action - showing a date picker; Mobile-only, loading pictures; Time for action - loading pictures; Making OS styled buttons; Using bitmaps; Time for action - using Photoshop to prepare button states; MobGUI to the rescue!; Time for action - getting started with MobGUI
Test bed app, the MobGUI wayTime for action - using MobGUI to make a test bed app; MobGUI native controls; Time for action - using native controls from MobGUI; Adjusting things for different screen sizes; Layout using a resize handler; Time for action - simple code layout example; Layout using the LiveCode Geometry Manager; Time for action - using the Geometry Manager to position buttons; Layout using MobGUI; Time for action - using MobGUI to remember layouts for us; Further reading; Summary; Chapter 4:Using Remote Data and Media; Stack structure; Code driven and manually created layouts
Locations for code
- "Learn by doing : less theory, more results."
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|