In harm's way [electronic resource] : help for the wives of military men, police, EMTs & firefighters : how to cope when the one you love is in a high-risk profession / Aphrodite Matsakis.
- Oakland, Calif. : New Harbinger Publications, c2005.
1 online resource (181 p.)
- Police spouses -- Psychology.
Military spouses -- Psychology.
Fire fighters' spouses -- Psychology.
Hazardous occupations -- Psychological aspects.
- Electronic books.
- Bestselling author, Aphrodite Matsakis, helps women whose partners are in the military, police force, or fire department to confront and overcome the fear, anger, and loneliness they experience in having partners whose lives are constantly in danger.
- Contents; Acknowledgments; Introduction: Living Under the Sword of Damocles: Four Women Tell Their Stories; 1. What Is Fear?; 2. The Reality of Danger: Identifying Fears; 3. Examining Your Fears; 4. Coping with Fear; 5. Thinking the Unthinkable; 6. Emotional Stress; 7. Loneliness; 8. Sex and Sexual Jealousy; 9. Time and Money; 10. Children; 11 Homecoming:Readjustment Issues; Appendix 1: Guidelines for Effective Communication; Appendix 2: Resources: Organizations and Suggested Readings; References
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -173).
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|