Ratio and Proportion [electronic resource] / by David Ben-Chaim, Yaffa Keret, Bat-Sheva Ilany.
- Other records:
- 1st ed. 2012.
- Rotterdam : SensePublishers : Imprint: SensePublishers, 2012.
1 online resource (263 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Education, general. (search)
- Ratio and Proportion—Research and Teaching in Mathematics Teachers’ Education offers its readers an intellectual adventure where they can acquire invaluable tools to turn teaching ratio and proportion to professionals and school children into an enjoyable experience. Based on in-depth research, it presents a deep, comprehensive view of the topic, focusing on both the mathematical and psychological-didactical aspects of teaching it. The unique teaching model incorporates both theoretical and practical knowledge, allowing instructors to custom-design teacher courses according to their speci?c needs. The book reports on hands-on experience in the college classes plus teachers’ experience in the actual classroom setting. An important feature is the extensive variety of interesting, meaningful authentic activities. While these activities are on a level that will engage pre- and in-service mathematics teachers in training, most can also be utilized in upper elementary and middle school classes. Accompanying the majority of these activities are detailed remarks, explanations, and solutions, along with creative ideas on how to conduct and expand the learning adventure. While primarily written for educators of mathematics teachers, this book can be an invaluable source of information for mathematics teachers of elementary and middle school classes, pre-service teachers, and mathematics education researchers.
- Preliminary Material
Structure of Book
A Model for Teaching Ratio and Proportion Using Authentic Investigative Activities
A Mathematical Perspective of Ratio and Proportion
Proportional reasoning—A psychological-didactical view
Research and new approaches in pre- and in-service mathematics teacher education
Authentic investigative activities—Introduction
Group 1: Introductory activities
Group 2: Rate activities
Group 3: Ratio activities
Group 4: Stretching and Shrinking: Scaling Activities
Group 5: Indirect Proportion Activities
Group 6: Additional Activities for Practice and Enrichment (All Topics)
Introduction to Assessment Tools
Questionnaire: Attitude Toward Ratio and Proportion
Diagnostic Questionnaire in Ratio and Proportion
Assessing Research Reports and Building a Student Portfolio
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Keret, Yaffa. author., Author,
Ilany, Bat-Sheva. author., Author,
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-94-6091-784-4 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|